Friday 4 January 2013

New year, new journey!

So here we are in 2013 and our journey continues albeit on a slightly different road.

I've been off work this week, I decided to take a bit of holiday before my adoption leave starts.  In these few days I have turned into somewhat of a domestic god!  I have been cleaning and de-cluttering cupboards (I didn't think there was any clutter left, but I was wrong), finishing off the last few bits of DIY in Little One's room, doing loads of washing and generally trying to imagine my life as a stay at home dad.  I've got to the point where the slightest speck of anything on the kitchen surfaces has to be wiped away immediately.  I reckon that may soon change!

This coming weekend will be our final weekend as a couple, after that we'll be a family!!!

The formal beginning of the introduction period is on Monday at her current residence, we'll also go there on Tuesday and Wednesday but from Thursday onward she'll be coming here, to our home, to spend time with us.  I can't wait until Thursday and the first time that Little One will see her bedroom.  I really hope she likes it.   All being well she will be home for good a week on Tuesday and we will be a forever family!  I have a feeling there may be a few entries to this blog in the coming weeks.

So, not long to go till we get to the end of our current journey and begin our lifelong adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment