Saturday 17 March 2012

Babies, babies everywhere!

Have you ever had one of those moments, like when you buy a new car and then you see the same car every where you go, or when someone says something you've never heard before and then notice that everyone says it?  Well that's like me and babies are like at the moment, they are EVERYWHERE!!!

Not that it's a bad thing, not at all.  It's actually a great thing.  Maybe it's that time of my life but everyone has kids or is having kids.
Lucky we have so much support from people willing us to be parents that we are getting lots of hints and tips.  A lot of my friends right now are first time mothers so hearing how reality has actually hit them is quite eye-opening.

I spent a fair bit of time with my friend 'R' and her 9 month old daugther 'B' yesterday and it was great.  Baby B spent most of the time sitting on my lap and playing with me which freed her mother up to chat with her friend who was also there.  When she got a little grizzly (that's B not R) I took her off for a little walk.  Whilst it was obviously clear  that Baby B wasn't my child I still felt a sense of fatherly pride as I walked around with her cuddling her and easing her grizzly mood.

Then this morning whilst checking my Facebook I noticed a status update and a link on another friends profile.  It read "Ten things nobody tells you pre children".  On further investigation I discovered her excellent blog.  I loved reading her ten things and it definately echoed a lot of the things R told me.  Here is her blog.
http://www.bubbababble.blogspot.co.uk/

Thank god we've got such a fantastic network of great 'experienced' friends.  You all know who are and you know you'll be getting lots of phonecalls once little gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment