Wednesday 19 December 2012

Love at first sight?

On the way to meet our little one for the very first time we were stuck in a massive traffic jam and as a result were 40 minutes late.  Not only were we anxious about the meeting but I also hate being late.  This was not turning out the way I was hoping.

That was until we got there....

Little one was a huge ball of excitement and fun and smiles.  We had anticipated awkward moments of her hiding behind her foster mother or crying as we tried to talk to her but there was none of that.  Instead she was happily cooking on her toy kitchen and giving us samples of her toils.  Her foster mother would say 'Give that to daddy' or 'Give this to dad' and little one knew just who to give it to.  It was slightly overwhelming to know that she only knows us as her dad and daddy!

Little one took the two of us up to her bedroom where she found yet more toys to show us one of which was the Learning Bus.  She would point to a particular button and say 'Push that'.  We did, and it played 'The Wheels on the Bus'.  Right there, we shared our first sing song as a family.  We all sang and clapped and smiled.  A treasured moment.

We took some photos and little one happily sat between me and daddy and smile and posed.  Our first photos as a family.  Another treasured moment.

Pretty soon it was time to go home and this was the only moment we saw anything other than her lovely smiley face.  It seemed that she didn't want us to go.  As I asked for a goodbye hug little one said no and hid behind her foster mother.  That only lasted for a moment, I soon got my hug and daddy got one without even asking.

So we said our goodbyes and headed off.  If I'm honest I don't think I've thought of anything else since.  We have met our daughter and she is truly scrumptious!  Roll on the next meeting on Friday, let's hope it's another good one.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting to read about such a fab experience. I am guessing that today is/was your next meeting, so I can't wait to hear(read) how that went.

    You are exactly where I hope to be one day, thank you so much for sharing.

    Wishing you both the very best of luck with your new "sprog" lol!

    Best Wishes for an AMAZING christmas!

    Maxx

    ReplyDelete