Friday 21 December 2012

Parting is such sweet sorrow

Oh my goodness!  Such a lovely day was had today.  As we arrived at Little One's residence we were greeted with a big warm smile and a hug for each of us.  I couldn't help but smile as I stroked Little One's wild mane of hair.  I know it's only been a couple of days but the fact that she was so excited to see us was such a warm relief.  It wasn't long before she was sitting on Daddy's lap and chatting away.

Then we had lunch with little one sat between Daddy and I.  She giggled as we pulled faces at her whilst she demolished her chicken wings.

We then to a trip to the library with little one's foster mother.  Daddy had the honour of Little One holding his hand all the way there and back.  Knowing him as I do I'd say this was one of his proudest moment in a very long time.  I even got to do the obligatory 'girl on dad's shoulders' routine.  I loved that too, a proud moment for me!

All too soon though our visit was coming to an end.  We must have said 'We should be going' about 10 times.  The most treasured moment came just as we left.  After numerous hugs and 'see you soon's Little one was sat on the stairs holding the introduction book we made for her, and  just as the front door she said to her foster mother 'My daddies are going'.  Our hearts totally melted, they are still all over the floor.

We've had two amazing meetings with Little One, the bitter pill is that we now have to wait two weeks until we will meeting her again.  But when we do it'll be the final stretch and Little One will be on her way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment