Sunday 3 April 2011

Slow week

Not a great deal has happened this week.  Not a great deal to report.

I did in fact meet and read with Maisie on Monday.  And she is (so far) a little sweetie.  Very nervous but then who wouldn't be?  When we arrived at the school in our little blue bus the kids were waiting, books in hand, and I was introduced to Maisie.  She read a Horrible Henry story and for an 8 year old she reads really well but I'm glad I was able to help her with some words and meanings.  Hopefully this week she'll be a little more relaxed and I can find out more about her and get to know her a bit better.  After, more than just reading at each other I hope she starts to trust me and enjoys our time together.

Fingers crossed, we should be contacted by Croydon council this week with details of which social worker has been allocted to carry out our initial visit.  Hopefully they'll be nice and we can get the ball rolling.  I'm still a little nervous in case they don't find our flat suitable.  Essentially it's a double batchelor pad, but hopefully they'll see the potential in the flat and us and move us through to the next stage.  Croydon only do four preparation courses a year and we are both really keen to get started as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment